Sunday, December 11, 2016

It's Hers Now: the Unexpected Life Lessons of Gift-Giving




In the fall of 2015, my family listened to an audio recording of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis. All of us enjoyed hearing how four children discovered a magical portal to the world of Narnia. First, the youngest child accidentally found her way to Narnia. Then the second-youngest child went by himself. Finally all four children went to the magical world together, explored, and ultimately became kings and queens. It was a wonderful examination of the paradox of humanity (especially childhood): becoming independent individuals within a group.

Around the same time we were listening to the story, I found inspiration for making peg dolls. Instantly, I felt the pull of my creative impulse. I knew I had to make peg dolls of Lucy, Edmund, Susan, and Peter and the White Witch to give to my daughter, who loves dolls. Paired with a wooden lion, it would be perfect.

Read the rest at Fat Brain Toys...


No comments:

Post a Comment